2nd National Bilingual Speech Competition
2nd National Bilingual Speech Contest, 2019-20 at The Smart School was the much awaited event of the year which took four months to move from the School, Cluster and Regional levels to the final round at National level. Winners from the Central, Southern and Northern Regions participated and spoke with excellent conviction and rigour.
The content was persuasive and carefully crafted to convince the audience of the speakers’ point of view. The speeches had amazing opening statements and the strength of their argument culminated seamlessly in their stirring conclusions. The impact was so profound that the audience had no choice but to agree with what the speakers said. Wit, humour, irony, symbolism, similes and metaphors were so well utilized that the speeches in themselves are exemplary, literary masterpieces.
The event was of such a magnitude that it required professional debaters and coaches for adjudication. It was a hard task for the jury to declare the final results.
With Ayub Khawar as Chief Guest, the literary aura and ambiance of the program was magnificently enhanced. Mimes, songs and depiction of Pakistani Culture by TSS students added colour and music to the program.
In the Pre-junior Level (English) the winners were
- Shaynae Xaveir from Clifton City Campus – Southern Region
- Marwa Junaid from Layyah Campus-Central Region
- Syeda Shafaq from Ghouri Town Campus –Northern Region
In the Pre-junior Level (Urdu) the winners were
- Syeda Tuba from Saadi Town Campus-Southern Region
- Wallial Taimoor from Shakargarh Campus – Central Region
- Yamna Muslim from Abottabad Campus- Norther Region
In the Primary Level (English) the position holders were
- Faseeh Syeed from Sargodha Campus-Central Region
- Sara Adeel from Shadman Campus – Southern Region
- Bushra Khan from Haider Campus- Northern Region
In the Primary Level (Urdu) the position holders were
- Rabeea Kamran from Sargodha Campus-Central Region
- Hadia Ali from Ghouri Town Campus-Northern Region
Secondary Level speeches (English)
- Ashbala Ayaz from Sakhakot Campus –Northern Region
- Zainab Attique from Samnabad Campus-Central Region
- Zoresha Anmol from Shikarpur Campus- Southern Region
Secondary Level speeches (Urdu)
- Shifa Akhtar from City Campus Gojra- Central Region
- Shanyal Yousaf Zai from Ghouri Town Campus-Northern Region
- Hanzala Khan from Refa-e-aam Campus- Southern Region
Central Region won the Team Trophy by securing 3 top positions across in the event.